Friday 3 February 2012

Update - Some Test Results

It's been a long time since I have updated my blog, for which I apologise.  Although there has been some improvements in my health, I have found that every spare moment I have is spent napping or doing some small chore.  Praise God that I am now able to nap in the afternoons (my body rebelled against naps before) and that I am able to sometimes do light chores!!!  What a blessing and provision from my merciful Saviour!

The Christmas season was wonderful.  Although I was still very weak physically, the pain I usually endure was greatly reduced, which allowed me to enjoy the season of preparing for the holidays, and spending time with family.  January has been spent recovering from the Christmas season.  I was pretty tired out from those minor preparations, and small gatherings.  I've been resting quite a bit.

In that time, I have also had 2 tests done...an MRI, and an EEG.  The test results have finally come in this week.  The MRI results were clear, which means that MS has been ruled out!!!  Praise God.  However, the EEG revealed some abnormal brain activity.  My family doctor is concerned that it may be myoclonic epilepsy (a milder form of epilepsy, that doesn't usually involve grand mal seizures, but does involve less severe seizure like symptoms).  I will see a neurologist in March, and he will decide on whether or not this is the diagnosis.

I am not sure what to think of these results.  I am relieved in a sense that the test results are evidence that something is not normal.  For the first time, my family doctor actually believed my descriptions of my symptoms.  Before he would always pass the symptoms off as depression which I could never understand.  How are things like uncontrollable twitching and oversensitivity to flashing lights in any way linked to depression?  Beats me!!!  So, yes, it is a wonderful relief to be taken seriously.  However, I have no idea what this diagnosis of epilepsy would mean for me or my family in my future.  I guess we will take it one step at a time.

I am still convinced that Lyme Disease is the ultimate culprit, and has caused these neurological disruptions.  However, I am not sure whether the damage done will be permanent or not.  Again, we will have to take it one step at a time, and trust God no matter what the future holds.

We covet your prayers, as Sony and I seek wisdom to know what treatments to pursue.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Lynette! I think of you and Sony often, and am glad to know how I can be praying more specifically. Your praise for God and trust in Him is always an encouragement to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong in Him Lynette.

    "Your righteousness, God, reaches to the heavens,
    you who have done great things.
    Who is like you, God?
    Though you have made me see troubles,
    many and bitter,
    you will restore my life again;
    from the depths of the earth
    you will again bring me up.
    You will increase my honor
    and comfort me once more."
    Ps 71:19-21

    ReplyDelete